On Tuesday December 5th, 2023, Egypt’s Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry arrived in Washington D.C. to meet with several members and leaders of the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate, U.S. senior administration officials, in addition to engaging with the think tanks and the media, to discuss the strategic relations between Egypt and the United States, as well as the regional issues and the deteriorating situation in Gaza strip.
H.E. Foreign Minister Shoukry also joined the group of ministers of the Arab League – OIC delegation and met with U.S. Secretary of State, Antony Blinken, leaders and members of Congress, and the U.S. think tanks and media.
- FM Shoukry meetings with several leaders of the U.S. Senate
- Foreign Minister participates in a working breakfast with the Congressional Friends of Egypt Caucus
- FM Shoukry meets with several leaders and committee chairs of the US House of Representatives
- FM Shoukry meets with the Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the U.S. House of Representatives
- FM Shoukry meets with the Chair of the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee
- FM Shoukry and the Arab League OIC Committee members meet with the Chair of the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee
- FM Shoukry and the Arab League OIC Delegation hold official discussions with the US Secretary of State, Antony Blinken