On the sidelines of official meetings held during his visit to the United States, H.E. Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry participated in five live events in Washington D.C., focused on Egypt’s stance and perspectives on regional challenges, with a special focus on the Gaza war and its aftermath.
H.E. Foreign Minister Shoukry held a conversation with the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), Atlantic Council’s AC Front Page, and Middle East Institute (MEI) to discuss Egypt’s efforts to contain the repercussions of the war on Gaza, as well as the necessary political actions to reach a permanent ceasefire.
His excellency also participated in the 2023 Aspen Security Forum, for a fireside chat, moderated by Steve Clemons on Egypt’s positions and views on persistent regional challenges, notably the urgency to achieve a ceasefire in Gaza.
Minister Shoukry also joined the group of ministers of the Arab League – OIC delegation in a conversation with the Wilson Center on the Israel-Hamas War, and other challenges in the region.
H.E. Foreign Minister Shoukry spoke with CNN’s Jake Tapper on The Lead, regarding the unfolding crisis in Gaza and Egypt’s continued efforts to reach a ceasefire, sustained aid delivery, and the need for a viable peace process.
- CSIS: A Conversation with Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry
- 2023 Aspen Security Forum: Fireside Chat with Sameh Shoukry
- Atlantic Council: Egypt’s foreign minister on his country’s leadership, the war in Gaza and related challenges
- Wilson Center: A Conversation with Arab and Islamic Ministerial Delegation
- CNN The Lead with Jake Tapper: Conditions in Gaza a catastrophe & calamity